Thursday, July 25, 2024

Thursday 25 July

Was at Decathlon near KLCC. Was easy to spot, exiting Suria Mall by Ampang stairway. Very nice place. Bought Dad a new Forclaz pouch, 15RM. Then went to Kinokuniya to get my niece a book on drawing people, her favorite past time. Cost 99RM. 


Can’t help feeling it’s not a great deal, the book, but these days you pay for quality education even if it’s only foundational. The pouch is nice and handy, better than most other pouches even pricier. I think the softer material gives it room for odd shaped contents. I often wear a pouch myself which carries most of my essentials with comfort and convenience.






That was my morning. Will be writing a bit later, after a rest. Workout tonight. The long walk and commute did my fitness and my attacked hand some good.


Almost dinner time. Watched some videos on beautiful (expensive) Bibles. Also talked with my cousin who claims to know a lot about Christian beliefs and prophecies that are unwritten so far. Not to argue or destroy, I lost myself indexing my paperback KJV with a marker along the page edges. Then I inserted one of my looping paper bookmarks -an old invention I never sold.





After my usual workout, I found out that there is a Bible cover type called a “yapp”. And that there are many people in England called Yapp. I, of course am Mr. Yap. And yap in Chinese means a page, leaf, or God-historical episode. Yapp in old English originally meant wide, open. Make of it what you will, but it’s definitely time for ME to open the BIBLE more!


One of my punishments from God is to only use a cheap Bible. Mine cost just over $2 from BookXcess. A KJV paperback from Vision Street, printed in America. It has typical paperback rough pulp pages and smaller type. It is really the most basic Bible you can imagine. Altho in the Information Age, I tend to get my fix of scripture online and also via my iPad’s e-Sword HD app.


Not sure yet, how to proceed with the week remaining in July. May head out more often, walk, see more stuff. I got my $100 in for August so might as well travel a bit further afield, before my Rapture or non-Rapture. Either way it’ll be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday 16 October

Fell asleep around 11pm last night, unable to complete chapter 6. Worked on it this morning and should wrap up by 10am. Then on to chp7 afte...