Monday, May 27, 2024

New earphones, SHURE IEM… [should be on dogblots]

I just got the se112 IEM from SHURE today, from Live Music Centre. Lalamove was employed to get these to me posthaste. They are trustworthy and the product is original. Will try to do a review on YouTube tomorrow if possible.

So far the listening is enjoyable. Comfort is good and the sound is richly detailed and spacious. Construction is good, with beefy cables and tough tips. The buds themselves are also big and solidly put together. I guess, they could last a lifetime as advertised.

The fit is over ear which greatly reduces cable knocking noise. And the nozzle or canal is unusually long and narrow. The nozzle angle helps keep the 112s securely seated. Better than my KZ DQ6.

Wrong fitting of the tips: less bass and some harshness

There are tradeoffs between all of my phones. My Sony WFC500 tws can sound thin and fragile sometimes and the multi-driver Chi-fis can drift too effortlessly over the music, not alerting me to sound changes. I found the SHUREs to be more precise OOTB, but a little harsh / gritty over the whole spectrum. I imagined this would be a problem as soon as it happened but after an hour of listening, it wasn’t annoying, just another slight change of signature.

Now listening to Blind Melon’s Carseat which has lots of garbled phone speaking / vocals. Sounds listenable and more legible. Nora Jones’ Not too Late sounds good too. I am hearing the guitar’s faint fret slides for the first time. The acid test is Modest Mouse’s multi-layered Be Brave which seems to have a firmer center and less hazy rendition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday 16 October

Fell asleep around 11pm last night, unable to complete chapter 6. Worked on it this morning and should wrap up by 10am. Then on to chp7 afte...