Monday, October 14, 2024

Tuesday 15 October

Late night to be up. Gave up on the adjustable flute membrane idea as it tears quite rapidly over many adjusts. I applied a fresh membrane raw and it works well enough. The feedback from a good appliqué is invaluable to the expressionist, who can then adjust the blow and finger delay, even find an obscure motif which would be hidden behind a flatter / simpler timbre.

Chapter 5 of my 20k word Christian story is stalled as I work out my life and the telepathy in it. Will carry on talking from the shower.

Am brushed and changed into fresh clothes. Looks like a long night of writing ahead.

Almost 2am. Worked out briefly ahead of this morning’s long walk later after a few hours’ sleep. May go to TRX or KLCC. Wrote half of chp5. If I go 1 1/2 chapters a day, I could indeed finish by the 21st. So will just relax and not overstrain.


Must have slept just 3 1/2 hours. Feeling okay tho. There was light rain. Got cleaned, coiffured, and brushed. Head out around 2 hours from now.

9am and it’s raining cats and dogs. Did some editing on last night’s writing which was a bit confusing and unnatural.

Chp6 begins. Mark Seeker has been taken ill. Not to give the plot away. But at the halfway point, something big / interesting should happen. I am stoked to write / plot this chapter all afternoon-night.

Went to Decathlon despite the rain. Bought Mom and Dad a pair of sunglasses to share as Dad is too careless, so Mom should regulate him or not give him the shades outright. Good polarized lenses, 89RM. My Oakleys are not as nice despite costing 9x more. Came home and took a quick shower, changed out of my wet clothes. Helped cook takoyaki chicken for lunch.

Mom was sewing so I made dinner. An odd mix of dishes, herby meatballs in baked beans, garlic soy tofu and shredded cabbage, all with boiled rice. Need another shower and change, maybe tomorrow morning. Have to work out by 11pm, take my meds at 10pm and brush. Meanwhile I have to write something believable and interesting and true at the same time. Quite a hurdle to surmount in just 3-4 hours.

Circa 500 words left to go. Already it’s 10pm. I use word count to judge if I’ve loaded in enough details and development as I prefer spartan descriptives which don’t fly within a novella. Took my meds earlier and brushed. Maybe I’ll just do what I can for my remaining character in 1 more hour, touch up early tomorrow morning. Some ants in my room, a mosquito, and a termite queen. Really annoying, these insects driven in by flooding / string of downpours.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday 16 October

Fell asleep around 11pm last night, unable to complete chapter 6. Worked on it this morning and should wrap up by 10am. Then on to chp7 afte...