Monday, September 23, 2024

Tuesday 24 September

Watched a lot of Jonathan Cahn on YouTube. The rapture is within sight. Signs are everywhere. This morning, was hit by Americans for some reason, despite handling the Liew witches well yesterday. May run in the evening, workout at night. Taking the day slow.

Dad and I went down to Music Bliss and I bought the Kepma Mini for 550RM. A great little bugger. Much smaller than the old A&K and pretty solid / sweet. Mine is in black, with a medium brown fretboard. Wish they had put some branding on the lower fret like the A1c. And just as I reached my room, I got a notification on my iPad that Israel declared a state of emergency.


Mini review of the Kepma Mini steelstring acoustic:

I will start with some negatives. Firstly, it has a weird matte / powder finish which makes it look like it’s made from paper. The branding is tasteful but could be inlaid as with the roselle. The “bottom” of the guitar is rather bulbous / wide which interferes with it as a travel guitar. Weight-wise it is also some on the heavy side which is not good for its intended portability.

On the plus side, I must say this is a sounds good plays well instrument. And immediately, I wrote a song on it as it was so welcoming in tone and touch. You will want to pick up this guitar often for inspiration. I love the unstained(?) rosewood fretboard and the Kepma signed machine head tuners. There is a slight but noticeable premium feel to the instrument, that it was well put together. Also like the shape / design of the bridge and head stock. Of course, that it is a 36” height compared to my old A&K which was 41” -a full 5 inches longer.

At 550RM, this is not a cheap guitar which I would figure around 200-300RM. On the other hand it is not remotely expensive which would be circa 2kRM. Being in this midrange bracket, it was something I could afford, saving my koppins for just a month or so. And although I have longed for a solid top American make for the longest time, these are feasibly out of my reach and capability to replace in a pinch should I damage or lose it. So I’m glad Kepma have made this affordable Mini and not just churned out cheap junk and unattainable high end models.


Took my meds, brushed and worked out briefly. Tomorrow, may head out to the bank. Liew forces weaned off evildoing and the core 6 are being exterminated. It’s a long fight that may take weeks or months. Want to run a bit in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday 16 October

Fell asleep around 11pm last night, unable to complete chapter 6. Worked on it this morning and should wrap up by 10am. Then on to chp7 afte...