Saturday, March 16, 2024

Sunday 8am

Up around 7:30am after just 4 hours sleep. Was busy coding Chikn, my Chinese speller. Worked out. Feeling better. Chikn uses [ 0-9 - + x, ( )  ‘ ] to define a character’s shape. Essentially 4 related symbol groups, easy to remember. It grew out of the debacle of chi, and later improved from a side feature of SHT. Now it systematically targets the radicals and indexes 5k characters, necessary for daily reading/writing. Hope to finish it this morning as it’s straightforward. Run later.

9am, Back from my run. Feeling refreshed. Had an iced Milo for breakfast. Coding going smoothly on my pre-loved ThinkPad. Should be done before lunch. Still wearing the Q&Q moonphase quartz on Velcro.

5pm, Coding stalled on strange errors. There may not be time for Drafter tonight as Chikn takes up all my resources. Also installing a different Linux distro on my Aspire netbook. Got cleaned late. Will shower after cooking dinner. Tomorrow, out for a walk, maybe to DigiMall.

10pm, Had roast pork for dinner and a cold Milo shake for supper. I’ve been coding all day, mainly bug fixing Chikn. I may rename it chiCN which is more logical. The interface has come together well, and there are just a 2 more code blocks to write, tear-off list of all chars, and autocomplete spellings. Meanwhile, I installed Nomad BSD on my Aspire. Works quite well, needing a TP-Link wifi dongle. Hibernate doesn’t work but I like the OS / Shell, and modded XFCE desktop a lot. Cool computer to take to our new house, as it is cheap. Took my meds and half a Rivotril.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday 16 October

Fell asleep around 11pm last night, unable to complete chapter 6. Worked on it this morning and should wrap up by 10am. Then on to chp7 afte...