Sunday, July 28, 2024

Monday 29 July

Last night's coding went well. I now have all the parameters for implementing the scroll position memory but the algorithm -the exact code line still eludes me, being prevented at the moment.

Got to talking about choices, experience, and discernment. Choices are objectively "life changer decisions". Experiences are objectively "choices we remember that were way to one side or the other". Discernment is objectively "navigating choices".

For example, I am looking into an heirloom bible purchase, having saved some money. My first leather bound. Experience shows I don't need a luxury WoG -never did. Discernment says to buy one if it looks / works good and the price is right.

Immediately there are conflicts. Conflict arises from personality. In the past, my practical nature prevented me from retrospectively worthwhile purchases such as my first Powerbook, Acorn RISC PC, etc. In essence, my stodgy heart cost me lots of wasted dollars. Now I use a pre-loved 2015 ThinkPad running Rocky (RHEL) Linux. Yea, I seem to need to "live the dream" more than anything.

Now that I have discerned from experience and personality, it's time to make the choice. I would prefer something "iconic", maybe niche / specialty, but hardy / durable nonetheless. You can make better decisions by understanding the mechanics of your own logic. Adherence to this leads one to wisdom, an IQ of the heart / bodily functions.

This is the Bible I bought:

CSB student study Bible in hardcover by Holman, 103RM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday 16 October

Fell asleep around 11pm last night, unable to complete chapter 6. Worked on it this morning and should wrap up by 10am. Then on to chp7 afte...